Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beautiful Bidwell Park

Jared and I love to walk...and I mean really love to walk. We have treasured our nearly everyday strolls together since we first met. In fact, it was the time that we spent together on our little exertions that made me fall for him. There is just something so incredibly cleansing about stepping outside and soaking in the majesty of nature. We feel extremely blessed to live so close to beautiful Bidwell Park, Chico's 3,670 acre park. I think it is such a gem and being a country girl, really appreciate the escape it provides. Sometimes it is hard to believe that you are still in the city because of the denseness of the forest above and all around you. The park is at the height of its splendor this spring and Jared and I take every opportunity we can to break away from life for a little while to take it all in. I posted a slide show of all of the pictures we've taken on the side bar and included a few below that were taken all along my favorite trail. I love how green everything is!




It is funny because when we first moved to California I was not that big of a fan of oak trees because I do not like the way they look during the scorching summer--their leaves turn a nasty burnt looking green. However, I have come to really appreciate them in the winter and especially the spring when they become so vibrantly green. They are such a mighty looking tree, one that looks incredibly wise and weathered. They look like they have such stories to tell. Yeah, I know I am crazy...thinking that trees are wise and have stories to tell. I guess I have an active imagination :)

I think the best cure to a long, hard day is to escape for a while in nature. God has created such an exquisite world for us to enjoy and it is sometimes too easy to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of life and forget to take a moment to appreciate the many wonders around us. For me at least, it really brings solace to my soul.

2 comments:

The Leonards said...

I love all of your pictures of Bidwell Park, it is so beautiful! Sadly in my 18+ years of living here I haven't explored it too much. I think next spring I need to explore it!!!!

Lisa said...

Looks lovely Kimmy. :)